Rain, rain, go away….

It seems like it has rained an awful lot this summer. Now Environment Canada has made it official. We (Toronto) are the wettest part of Canada. We even beat traditionally soggy Vancouver..

So don’t tell we that we haven’t completely screwed up the earth’s weather patterns, We just came out of a winter with record snowfalls and we are on pace to break all rainfall records this year.

Last summer here in Toronto was particularly dry; however, the really strange thing is that we’ve had about the same amount of sunshine as last summer. You never really know how to dress or when to carry your umbrella!

People get up in the morning and see it’s raining and alter their plans accordingly; they cancel day trips, tee off times etc.; then bang out comes the sun!

Nonetheless, we remain the ONLY city in Canada where rain records are being shattered! There are still more than four months to go in 2008 and we’ve almost had our normal annual quota of precipitation! We have already surpassed the 2007,l 12 month total of? 592.7mm of rain!

What is the forecast for the next two days? There is a 60% chance of rain today and the possibility of thunderstorms. Tomorrow it is predicted that their will be a 40% chance of rain!

There has been an upside to this strange weather. Thus far, the city has been spared the tortuous heat and humidity that is the norm for Toronto summers. And, believe us, that is no small grace!


Switch to our mobile site